Background: Chinese wind turbine manufacturer, XEMC, approached Orchid to advise it on a brownfield wind power project in California that the firm was considering purchasing and re-powering with its own turbines.
Case Study: #2 Commercial Advisory
- Orchid essentially acted as “financial advisor plus” for XEMC, filling some of the traditional roles of a financial advisor but leveraging our extensive industry experience to go beyond that role.
- Orchid developed and maintained the financial model for valuing the acquisition.
- Orchid led due diligence on the project with a particular emphasis on regulatory issues.
- Orchid directed the third party legal adviser on the project.
- Orchid supported XEMC in developing the documentation necessary for securing financing from Chinese lenders.
- Orchid advised on and led negotiations with the seller.
- Orchid also advised on other matters pertinent to the transaction as XEMC required.
- Financial model and analysis
- Overall pricing and negotiating strategy development
- Development and maintenance of project plan & work schedule
- Preparation of materials for approvals and financing